The aim of this workshop is primarily to bring together people doing research on articulation and prosody, as well as related areas, to pool resources and exchange ideas in an interdisciplinary context.
The workshop will be funded by the German Research Council priority programme “Phonological and phonetic competence: between grammar, signal processing, and neural activity”. It will be open to members of this programme and will cover travel expenses and hotel costs for invited guests.
Some of the areas we are looking to cover are:
- Kinematics, acoustics and dynamic modeling of units in the prosodic hierarchy (e.g. syllables, feet, prosodic word)
- Head marking and edge marking (prominence and delimitation of prosodic units)
- Prosody and Task Dynamics (speech and/or manual gestures)
The topics don’t have to be restricted to these, so if you have ideas for topics which fit the broad area, please let us know.
- Štefan Beňuš (Constantine the Philosopher University, Slovak Academy of Sciences)
- Taehong Cho (Hanyang University, Seoul)
- Cécile Fougeron (Laboratoire de Phonétique et Phonologie, CNRS/Sorbonne Nouvelle)
- Susanne Fuchs (ZAS Berlin)
- Adamantios Gafos (Universität Potsdam & Haskins Laboratories)
- Laurianne Georgeton (Laboratoire de Phonétique et Phonologie, CNRS/Sorbonne Nouvelle)
- Louis Goldstein (University of Southern California & Haskins Laboratories)
- Argyro Katsika (Haskins Laboratories, New Haven)
- Stefan Kopp (Universität Bielefeld)
- Tine Mooshammer (Haskins Laboratories, New Haven)
- Marianne Pouplier (IPS Universität München)
- Juraj Simko (Universität Bielefeld)
- Adrian Simpson (Universität Jena)
- Eric Vatikiotis-Bateson (University of British Columbia, Vancouver)